Here’s a little recipe for a delightfully spicy rub that I found in Sobey’s Inspired by Compliments magazine a little while ago and modified to my liking. I use it almost exclusively with chicken, but I’m sure it would work with other meat options.
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika (trust me on this one)
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle chilli pepper powder
- 2 Teaspoons sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander (also known as cilantro)
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
Now, here’s a couple of ingredients I like to add to make it interesting. They’re optional, so feel free to omit them, but you’ll be missing out:
- 2 Tablespoons dark cocoa (I prefer organic, but your call)
- 2 Tablespoons finely ground coffee (an espresso roast works best)
Now, mix it all up real good and store it in an airtight container.
As I said, I use this mostly with chicken. I rub it on a couple of chicken breast and then store them in an airtight bag or container for an hour or so and then I grill them up. Delicious!
So there you go, something tasty for the summer barbeque season. Now get to it!