As it is with the internet, I was clicking around one day and discovered you could purchase Ninja costumes and equipment on Amazon. This intrigued me since I recall being interested in those stealthy assassins as a young boy, probably much like a lot of young boys in the eighties. I’m not sure what it was about that period, but I do recall there Ninjas showing up in all facets of popular culture: TV shows, books, choose-your-own-adventure-books, and movies to name a few.
I no longer have the same level of interest in Ninjas, but I realize there are probably a lot of people that do. And so, I’ve compiled a list of various items for all the Ninja enthusiasts out there.
Note: Dressing like a Ninja will not necessarily make you a Ninja, but you’ll look pretty cool.
First, a little background reading, courtesy of Wikipedia:
Some deeper reading material, courtesy of Amazon:
- Essence of Ninjutsu
- The Grandmaster’s Book of Ninja Training
- Ninja and Their Secret Fighting Art
- The Way of the Ninja: Secret Techniques
And now the good stuff, also courtesy of Amazon:
- The Uniform (With hidden shuriken pocket!!)
- Authentic Japanese Jikatabi! (The boots.)
- Ashiko Foot Spikes (For climbing stuff, with the boots)
- Hand Claw (Also for climbing and perhaps defence)
- Folding Grappling Hook (Self-explanatory)
- Utility Belt (Handy!)
- Bo Shurkien (Possibly illegal where you live and also “for demonstration or decorative purposes only”)
- Wave Shuriken (Throwing Star, available individually or in a set! They are unsharpened.)
- Sword with Sheath (Strangely inexpensive, and also possibly illegal where you live.)